This is a tasty dipping sauce for duck or grilled meats. It would also go well with a Guyanese appetizer like Pholourie and maybe even vegetables). This recipe came about when we were making Guyanese mango atchar but the mangoes were too ripe So instead we used the ripe amngoes for this tasty sauce and we used the green ma
Salty Mango Dipping Sauce
- *1/2 Cup salted and shredded mango and garlic (notes to follow)
- 2 fresh chilies, sliced
- 3 fresh banana peppers, sliced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- small handful of cilantro, chopped
- a few mint leaves
- Step 1 Salted shredded mango and garlic:
- Step 2 Peel 2 slightly ripe mangoes (not overly ripe) and dice into pieces. Use a food processor or knife to chop into very fine pieces.
- Step 3 Add 1/4 Teaspoon Salt to the mangoes, and then let them sit overnight.
- Step 4 Squeeze the juice out of the salted mangos, and add 1 clove minced garlic, 1 Tablespoon olive or mustard oil, and hot peppers (wiri-wiri or similar) to taste. Should yield about 1/2 cup.
- Step 5 Use 1/2 Cup of this salty mango and garlic and combine with the rest of ingredients in a jar or bowl and shake or stiir until combined well.