Poached Pears in red Wine
An easy Insta-pot/electric Pressure cooker recipe
- 1 bottle red wine of your choice
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon zested
- 5 whole cloves
- Dash of vanilla or almond extract
- 4 Pears, slightly underripe
- for any remaining pressure.
- Step 1 1. Turn pressure cooker onto simmer or saute setting and stir together red wine, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest, cloves and vanilla.
- Step 2 2. Bring to a gentle simmer until sugar is dissolved and then turn pressure cooker off.
- Step 3 3. Peel pears leaving the stems on.
- Step 4 4. Add pears to the pressure cooker, lock lid, and set to high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Step 5 5. When time is up, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.